Investing tips for dual citizens of Canada and the U.S.

By External Author |

More than any other country, the U.S. keeps its expatriates on a short leash. If you’re a U.S. citizen, you’re generally considered a U.S. person for tax purposes, even if you have never lived on American soil. And as such, you may be required to file regular reports with the IRS regarding your investment holdings. With this in mind, O., dual citizens such as yourself should seek professional advice from a specialist in cross-border tax issues. I can only offer some general guidelines here.

Read More

Original Article Source Credits: MoneySense ,

Article Written By : DAN BORTOLOTTI

Original Article Posted on : JANUARY 28, 2019

Link to Original Article: