US Tax Returns
Schell & Associates prepare personal US taxes for resident and nonresident individuals and offer other accounting services for clients across Victoria, Duncan, Sidney, Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, BC.
We prepare personal US taxes for resident and nonresident individuals accurately and efficiently.
If you are a US citizen resident in Canada, you are subject to exactly the same US filing requirements as if you still lived there. This means you must file every year, reporting your worldwide income. As a US citizen resident in Canada, you must file two returns each year, declaring your worldwide income on each: a Canadian return because you live in Canada, and a US return because you are a US citizen.
However, there are several mechanisms available to make sure you are not doubly taxed. We can help find your best options when preparing your US taxes.
- Registered with IRS to do US tax returns
- Volunteer compliances to catch up your US taxes
- Sole proprietorships and partnerships
- Home-based businesses
- Late filed returns or amended returns
- Setting up accurate record keeping systems
- Year-round consultations
- Guidance through complex rules
- Minimizing taxes
- Business and Rental Property Returns
- Calculation & analysis of capital gains or losses from the investments or properties for tax purpose